Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Eve at the Farm

We attended Christmas Eve services with Grandma Henrichsen this year in Cushing, Iowa.   Dad, Vickie, Uncle Reed and Aunt Debbie were also there.  This church holds many happy holiday memories for me.  I grew up watching my cousins performing in the Christmas program every year. We'd rush in late in the blustery winter air and end up in the balcony because the church was always packed.  Brenda and I would be searching for our Aunts, Uncles, and cousins as we settled into the pew waving our greetings.  After the service St. John's gave out candy bags to all the kids.  They still do to this day. Minus the peanuts!  Our candy bag was usually ambushed by dad in the car where he would steal something chocolately out of our bags! The excitement of opening presents and playing with our cousins kept the atomosphere happy!  And don't forget the Santa sightings we saw on the drive out to the farm! I won't ramble on much longer but I must mention that this is the church that I was baptised in and my Grandpa Henrichsen, bless him, was the longest living confirmed member until he passed away this past July.   If you look real close you will see that the pew Grandma had us sit in is by the widow in memory of Lucia Henrichsen.  She would have been Grandpa's grandmother making her my Great, Great Grandmother, and Celine and Monte's Great, Great, Great Grandmother!  Wow!  I love it!  
We all went back to Grandma's for soup and sandwiches.  We had a great time visiting and laughing.  Wishing you all a blessed Holiday Season this year.  














No comments:

Post a Comment