Friday, November 13, 2009

Carrie Visits Toronto and Iwona.

I must say life truly does come full circle. As a child I grew up in an area known then as "Pollock Hill." Little was I to know that my first year of teaching would be in Warsaw, Poland at the International American School. (it is still in operation) And to my joy I have made life-long friends with one of my former students and her family. Some of you will remember Iwona, (pronounced Evonna) when she came back to the USA with me the summer of 1994. She and Kristi were a year apart and had been pen-pals. She was brave enough to come over and stay with us for about a month and half that summer. Her mother, Hannah, then arrived to stay a short while before they returned to Poland. To make a long story short we have kept in touch throughout the past 15 years. I was privilaged enough to attend her graduation ceremony from the University of Toronto. She graduated with Honours in B.S. in management. I am so proud of her. Iwona has been living in Toronto with her beau, Lukas, for the past 4 years. He will soon graduate in the Spring of 2010. (What a great guy!) Her parents are in Toronto celebrating and visiting for 2 weeks. They now live in Switzerland. ( thanks for all the thoughtful gifts Hannah and Iwona!)We had a grand time telling stories, catching up, and making new memories! I/We hope to not wait another 15 years before visiting one another again!

No comments:

Post a Comment